This fund is designed for investors who…
- Want to invest in foreign markets.
- Prefer a unified global approach to investment in global equities rather than establishing separate strategies for the United States, Europe and Asia.
- Achieve long-term capital growth through investment diversification.
- Invest primarily in equity securities of issuers worldwide, including Canada and emerging markets.
Fund Facts are published once a year. Read them now.
Category: Global Equity
Start Date: April 29, 2005
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100% eligible
Benchmark: MSCI World in Canadian dollars
Number of Securities: 191
Target Asset Mix:
- Emerging Markets Equity: 0%
- Global Equity: 100%
- Short Term: 0%
*As at April 30, 2018
- Internal managers
- External manager: MFS Investment Management Canada Inc.
Read the investment approach.
The Funds’ Investment Policies are developed by the Fund Manager’s Investment Committee, which meets regularly to make any necessary changes. The Committee includes both internal and external investment experts, as well as representatives of professional association shareholders.
Main Securities as at September 30, 2018
|iShares MSCI World Index ETF||9.30%|
|Cash and Equivalents||3.60%|
|Accenture PLC Cl. A||2.00%|
|Pernod Ricard SA||1.60%|
|Comcast Corporation Cl. A||1.60%|
|Johnson & Johnson||1.60%|
|Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC||1.60%|
|Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Ltd. ADR||1.50%|
|Alphabet Inc. Cl. A||1.50%|
|Texas Instruments Incorporated||1.50%|
|JPMorgan Chase & Co.||1.20%|
|PPG Industries Inc.||1.20%|
|Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.||1.00%|
|FDP Canadian Equity Portfolio||0.90%|
|The Sherwin-Williams Company||0.90%|
|Honeywell International Inc.||0.90%|
|Compass Group PLC||0.90%|
Net asset value as at September 30, 2018
|416 M $|
* Returns for the first and last year are not annualized
* Non annualized return
$1,000 Invested Amount since inception
Note that the results shown are for information purposes only. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments ins FDP Portfolio’s. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns, including changes in portfolio value and reinvestment of all distributions, but do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by an investor that would have reduced returns. References to indices are for information purposes only. Comparisons with indices may vary according to the portfolio size, investment timing, and mandate objective. The funds’ securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their value changes frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
The Managers’ Comments are taken from the Management Report of Fund Performance (Operating Results), December 2018.
The FDP Global Equity Portfolio, Series A posted a net return of -0.5% for 2018, versus 14.9% for 2017. The FDP Global Equity Portfolio, Series I posted a net return of 0.7% for 2018.
- The global stock market, as measured by the MSCI World Index, posted a net return of -0.5% in Canadian dollars for 2018. The growth-style approach outperformed its value-style counterpart during the year, posting a 2.2% and -2.3% return, respectively.
- The U.S. stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 Index, posted a net return of 4.2% in Canadian dollars. Supported by robust economic growth and rising interest rates, the U.S. dollar contributed positively to performance.
Overnight rate increases among several central banks, along with the heightened risk of a trade war, are generating widespread uncertainty on the markets. Against this backdrop, eurozone markets yielded negative returns of -7.2% in Canadian dollars, while Asian markets also fell by -5.2% in Canadian dollars.
Despite a looming trade war with China and potential slowdown in global economic growth, a moderate inflation rate would allow many central banks to maintain an accommodating monetary policy.