Power of influence: voting with your wallet
The best way to bring about positive change is sometimes to use its power to influence decision-making. Instead of excluding certain companies, investors can use their shareholder powers to evolve their practices in the areas of governance, capital structure, performance, strategy, etc.
For a real impact, the use of ESG criteria makes sense. A fair balance between performance and shareholder activism!
This fund is designed for investors who …
- Are looking for a global balanced fund that invests in companies focused on socially responsible investing to hold as part of their portfolio
- Want a medium-term investment
- Can handle the volatility of stock and bond markets
- Seeks capital growth and income by investing primarily in a combination of equities and fixed-income securities of issuers located anywhere in the world.
- Depending on economic conditions and relative valuations by the Fund’s portfolio managers, the Fund will generally invest 30% to 70% of its assets in each of equity and fixed-income securities, but may invest up to 100% of its assets in either asset class. The Fund follows an approach to investing that focuses on sustainable and responsible issuers.
Category: Global Balanced
Start Date: October 16, 2017
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100 % eligible
Benchmark: Blended Index
Assets*: $81.2 M
Number of Securities: 207
Target Asset Mix
- Equities: 52.2%
- Bonds: 38.2%
- Cash & Sh.Term Invest.: 9.3%
- Long futures: 0.3%
*Fund Facts as of March 31, 2021
The Funds’ Investment Policies are developed by the Fund Manager’s Investment Committee, which meets regularly to make any necessary changes. The Committee includes both internal and external investment experts, as well as representatives of professional association shareholders.
Main Securities as at May 31, 2021
|United States Treasury 0.63% 04-15-2023 Inflation Indexed||3.54%|
|United States Treasury 0.13% 01-15-2031 Inflation Indexed||2.07%|
|International Finance Corp. 7,50 % 18-01-2028||1.93%|
|Discover Financial Services||1.84%|
|European Investment Bank 1,70 % 15-11-2024||1.82%|
|Asian Development Bank 2.38% 04-29-2023||1.78%|
|Schneider Electric SE||1.67%|
|Deutsche Post AG||1.61%|
Can energy companies be SRI compliant?
Meredith Block, Head ESG analyst at Rockefeller, shares the criteria that guide the investment selection strategy in a sector facing disruption.