Power of influence: voting with your wallet
The best way to bring about positive change is sometimes to use its power to influence decision-making. Instead of excluding certain companies, investors can use their shareholder powers to evolve their practices in the areas of governance, capital structure, performance, strategy, etc.
For a real impact, the use of ESG criteria makes sense. A fair balance between performance and shareholder activism!
This fund is designed for investors who …
- Are looking for a global balanced fund that invests in companies focused on socially responsible investing to hold as part of their portfolio
- Want a medium-term investment
- Can handle the volatility of stock and bond markets
- Seeks capital growth and income by investing primarily in a combination of equities and fixed-income securities of issuers located anywhere in the world.
- Depending on economic conditions and relative valuations by the Fund’s portfolio managers, the Fund will generally invest 30% to 70% of its assets in each of equity and fixed-income securities, but may invest up to 100% of its assets in either asset class. The Fund follows an approach to investing that focuses on sustainable and responsible issuers.
Category: Global Balanced
Start Date: October 16, 2017
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100 % eligible
Benchmark: Blended Index
Assets*: $42.2 M
Number of Securities: 319
Target Asset Mix
- Equities: 42.2%
- Bonds: 34.2%
- Cash & Sh.Term Invest.: 9.4%
- Long futures: 7.3%
- Other assets: 0.6%
- ETF: 0.5%
- Options: 0.1%
*Fund Facts as of September 27,2019
The Funds’ Investment Policies are developed by the Fund Manager’s Investment Committee, which meets regularly to make any necessary changes. The Committee includes both internal and external investment experts, as well as representatives of professional association shareholders.
Main Securities as at December 31, 2020
|Microsoft Corp||2.34 %|
|United States Treasury 0.38% 11-30-2025||2.27%|
|United States Treasury 0.50% 10-31-2027||2.25%|
|Schneider Electric SE||1.98%|
|International Finance Corp. 7,50 % 18-01-2028||1.91%|
|United States Treasury 1.38% 08-15-2050||1.51%|
|Verizon Communications Inc.||1.25%|
|United States Treasury 1.13% 02-28-2027||1.17%|
Can energy companies be SRI compliant?
Meredith Block, Head ESG analyst at Rockefeller, shares the criteria that guide the investment selection strategy in a sector facing disruption.