This fund is designed for investors who …
- Have a low risk tolerance and wish to temporarily invest money that is destined for a cash payout in the near future.
- Wish to grow their temporary cash with a minimum of risk and volatility during this period.
- Achieve a high level of income, while maintaining liquidity.
- Achieve stable returns and low volatility on its units.
- Invest primarily in debt instruments of top quality Canadian issuers.
- May also invest in debt instruments of Canadian and foreign issuers with a high credit rating.
Fund Facts are published once a year. Read them now.
Category: Canadian Money Market
Start Date: December 31, 1987
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100% eligible
Benchmark: DEX Treasury Bonds 91 days
Number of Securities: 54
Target Asset Mix:
- Short Term: 100%
*As at May 24, 2019
Main Securities as at September 30, 2019
|City of Sherbrooke 2.20% Dec. 10, 2019||9,10%|
|City of Trois-Rivières 2.05% Oct. 26, 2019||6,80%|
|Royal Bank of Canada 0.01% Oct. 09, 2019||6,50%|
|The Bank of Nova Scotia 1.82% Oct. 04, 2019||4,90%|
|City of Mascouche 2.00% Oct. 09, 2020||4,80%|
|Société de transport de l’Outaouais 2.00% Oct. 12, 2019||4,50%|
|Société de transport de Laval 2.35% Oct. 21, 2019||3,70%|
|City of Sherbrooke 2.25% Mar. 06, 2020||3,60%|
|Town of Saint-Jérôme 2.00% Oct. 04, 2019||3,50%|
|Town of Saint-Jérôme 2.40% Feb. 05, 2020||3,00%|
|Government of Canada Treasury Bill 1.64% Oct. 17, 2019||2,90%|
|City of Sherbrooke 2.00% Jul. 31, 2020||2,90%|
|City of Shawinigan 2.00% Apr. 16, 2020||2,70%|
|Bank of Montreal 1.80% Oct. 10, 2019||2,60%|
|City of Shawinigan 1.95% Nov. 01, 2019||2,10%|
|Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce 1.82% Oct. 15, 2019||1,90%|
|Toronto Dominion Bank 1.81% Oct. 23, 2019||1,90%|
|Government of Canada Treasury Bill 1.75% Oct. 02, 2019||1,80%|
|Societe de transport de Levis 2.00% Oct. 10, 2020||1,70%|
|City of Baie-Comeau 1.85% Dec. 05, 2019||1,60%|
|City of Magog 1.95% Nov. 01, 2019||1,60%|
|Bank of Montreal 1.82% Oct. 17, 2019||1,60%|
|The Bank of Nova Scotia 1.82% Oct. 21, 2019||1,60%|
|City of Saint-Hyacinthe 2.05% Feb. 28, 2020||1,60%|
|City of Magog 2.25% Oct. 02, 2019||1,50%|
Net asset value as at May 24, 2019
|60 M $|
* Returns for the first and last year are not annualized
* Non annualized return
$1,000 Invested Amount since inception
Note that the results shown are for information purposes only. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments ins FDP Portfolio’s. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns, including changes in portfolio value and reinvestment of all distributions, but do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by an investor that would have reduced returns. References to indices are for information purposes only. Comparisons with indices may vary according to the portfolio size, investment timing, and mandate objective. The funds’ securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their value changes frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
The Managers’ Comments are taken from the Annual Management Report of Portfolio Performance (Operating Results), as at December 31, 2019.
The FDP Cash Management Portfolio, Series A posted a net return of 1.8% for 2019, versus 1.4% for 2018.
- The slowdown in global economic growth led major central banks, including the U.S. Federal Reserve (Fed) and the European Central Bank (ECB) in particular, to change their stance and adopt a more accommodative monetary policy.
- The Fed cut its key interest rate three times in 2019.