If you want to help your children, your grandchildren or other family members financially, while reducing your taxes, you may want to consider a loan to a family trust.
Your family first!
Creating a family trust may be an attractive option to take care of your family. It enables you to:
- Assist family members financially by allocating trust income to them
- Lend sums to minor children without the intervention of the Curateur public
- Lend sums to adult persons if you would like to retain control of the management of your assets
A solution with many benefits
By choosing this solution you can:
- Reduce your personal taxes
- Control all your capital and the gains generated
- Use the investment income to pay for your children’s education, buy their first home or help them start up a business
It’s up to you!
To set up your trust, our experts do a detailed assessment of the tax implications in your situation. Wealth management advisors, tax specialists and notaries are involved at each stage. They offer you all the necessary tools for sound management of the trust:1
- Preparation of the deed of loan and the deed of trust
- Establishment of the trust and supervision of the set-up process
- Loan advice and strategic planning
- Tools for the trustee: checklist and steps to follow
- Annual trust management follow-up (tax reports, etc.)
Plan your family’s future!
Want to know if this service is right for you? Have questions? Contact your advisor for more details and to assess your needs.
1 Certain fees may apply