This fund is designed for investors who…
- Want to diversify part of their portfolio geographically.
- Have a long-term investment horizon and are capital growth-oriented
- Have a medium risk tolerance.
- Achieve medium- and long-term capital growth through investment diversification.
- Invest primarily in equity securities of issuers listed on a stock exchange and located in emerging countries or having commercial interests in such countries.
Fund Facts are published once a year. Read them now.
Category: Emerging Markets International Equity Fund
Start Date: April 8,, 2008
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100% eligible
Benchmark: MSCI Emerging Markets in Canadian dollar
Number of Securities: 7
Target Asset Mix:
- Emerging markets equity: 100%
- Short term: 0%
*As at May 24, 2019
The Funds’ Investment Policies are developed by the Fund Manager’s Investment Committee, which meets regularly to make any necessary changes. The Committee includes both internal and external investment experts, as well as representatives of professional association shareholders.
Main Securities as at September 30, 2019
|iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF JDR||82,70%|
|Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF||5,10%|
|SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust||4,20%|
|iShares China Large-Cap ETF||3,90%|
|iShares Edge MSCI Min Vol Emerging Markets ETF||2,30%|
|iShares MSCI Chile Investable Market Index Fund||0,90%|
|Cash and Cash Equivalent||0,90%|
Net asset value as at May 24, 2019
|108 M $|
* Returns for the first and last year are not annualized
* Non annualized return
$1,000 Invested Amount since inception
Note that the results shown are for information purposes only. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments ins FDP Portfolio’s. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns, including changes in portfolio value and reinvestment of all distributions, but do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by an investor that would have reduced returns. References to indices are for information purposes only. Comparisons with indices may vary according to the portfolio size, investment timing, and mandate objective. The funds’ securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their value changes frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
The Managers’ Comments are taken from the Interim Management Report of Fund Performance (Operating Results), June 2019.
The FDP Emerging Markets Equity Portfolio, Series A posted a net return of 4.1% for the first six-month period of 2019, versus -10.1% for 2018. The FDP Emerging Markets Equity Portfolio, Series I posted a net return of 4.8% for the first half of the year.
Despite a positive performance, the slowdown in global economic growth and exacerbation of trade tensions between the United States and China had negative repercussions on emerging markets’ stock market performance..
Yield gaps among the emerging markets index’s component countries reflect the disparity between current economic and political conditions.
- Some countries, including Russia (+25.45%), Brazil (+11.01%) and China (+9.84%), posted very positive returns in Canadian dollars.
- Meanwhile Taiwan (+5.44%), India (-3.05%), South Korea (+0.52%) and Hong Kong (+0.19%) yielded more modest returns in Canadian dollars.