This fund is designed for investors who…
- Want to diversify part of their portfolio geographically.
- Have a long-term investment horizon and are capital growth-oriented
- Have a medium risk tolerance.
- Achieve medium- and long-term capital growth through investment diversification.
- Invest primarily in equity securities of issuers listed on a stock exchange and located in emerging countries or having commercial interests in such countries.
Fund Facts are published once a year. Read them now.
Category: Emerging Markets International Equity Fund
Start Date: April 8,, 2008
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100% eligible
Benchmark: MSCI Emerging Markets in Canadian dollar
Number of Securities: 5
Target Asset Mix:
- Emerging markets equity: 100%
- Short term: 0%
*As at May 22, 2020
The Funds’ Investment Policies are developed by the Fund Manager’s Investment Committee, which meets regularly to make any necessary changes. The Committee includes both internal and external investment experts, as well as representatives of professional association shareholders.
Main Securities as at September 30, 2020
|iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF||81.5%|
|iShares MSCI Emerging Markets Index Fund||14.7%|
|iShares MSCI Mexico ETF||2.4%|
|Cash and Cash Equivalent||1.2%|
|Net asset value as at September 30, 2020||102 M $|
* Returns for the first and last year are not annualized
* Non annualized return
$1,000 Invested Amount since inception
Note that the results shown are for information purposes only. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments ins FDP Portfolio’s. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns, including changes in portfolio value and reinvestment of all distributions, but do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by an investor that would have reduced returns. References to indices are for information purposes only. Comparisons with indices may vary according to the portfolio size, investment timing, and mandate objective. The funds’ securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their value changes frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
The Managers’ Comments are taken from the Management Report of Portfolio Performance (Operating Results), as at June 30, 2020.
The FDP Emerging Markets Equity Portfolio, Series A posted a net return of -6.6% for the first six-month period of 2020, versus 8.8% for 2019. The FDP Emerging Markets Equity Portfolio, Series I posted a net return of -6.0% for the first six-month period of 2020. The emerging markets’ stock market, as measured by the MSCI Emerging Market Index, posted a -5.3% return in Canadian dollars for the first half of 2020.
- In the context of a global economy weakened by a pandemic, governments and central banks introduced unprecedented fiscal and monetary measures, which relieved markets and economies.
- Markets rebounded during the second quarter, offsetting in part the lows reached in March 2020.
Despite markets generally rebounding from their March lows and many economies partially reopening, the impact of the pandemic on the global economic recovery remains uncertain.