This fund is designed for investors who …
- Seek steady income through investments in Canadian issuers paying superior dividends.
- Have a medium risk tolerance.
- Provide income and achieve medium- and long-term capital growth through investment diversification.
- Invest primarily in equity securities, including income trust units, of Canadian issuers that pay income or dividends.
- Invest in securities of foreign issuers that pay income or dividends and in debt instruments of Canadian and foreign issuers.
Fund Facts are published once a year. Read them now.
Start Date: February 1, 2008
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100% eligible
Benchmark: S&P/TSX Toronto Stock Exchange Index
Assets *: $310,297,135
Number of Securities: 168
Target Asset Mix:
- Canadian Equity: 100%
- Foreign Equity: 0%
- Short Term: 0%
*As at May 24, 2019
- External Managers : Lincluden Investment Management Limited, Manulife Investment Management Limited and Beutel, Goodman & Company Ltd.
The Funds’ Investment Policies are developed by the Fund Manager’s Investment Committee, which meets regularly to make any necessary changes. The Committee includes both internal and external investment experts, as well as representatives of professional association shareholders.
Main Securities as at September 30, 2019
|Cash and Cash Equivalent||8,90%|
|Royal Bank of Canada||4,90%|
|The Toronto-Dominion Bank||4,60%|
|The Bank of Nova Scotia||3,60%|
|SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust||2,90%|
|Power Financial Corporation||2,90%|
|Rogers Communications Inc. Cl. B||2,30%|
|Canadian Natural Resources Ltd.||2,10%|
|Sun Life Financial Inc.||2,00%|
|Bank of Montreal||1,70%|
|Intact Financial Corporation||1,50%|
|Inter Pipeline, Ltd.||1,50%|
|Waste Connections, Inc.||1,40%|
|Danaher Corporation Series A 4.75% Preferred||1,40%|
|Roper Industries, Inc.||1,40%|
|Canadian Pacific Railway Limited||1,40%|
|Brookfield Property Partners LP||1,30%|
|Brookfield Asset Management Inc. Cl. A||1,30%|
|Hydro One Limited||1,20%|
|Crescent Point Energy Corp. Cl. A||1,20%|
Net asset value as at May 24, 2019
|310 M $|
* Returns for the first and last year are not annualized
* Non annualized return
$1,000 Invested Amount since inception
Note that the results shown are for information purposes only. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments ins FDP Portfolio’s. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns, including changes in portfolio value and reinvestment of all distributions, but do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by an investor that would have reduced returns. References to indices are for information purposes only. Comparisons with indices may vary according to the portfolio size, investment timing, and mandate objective. The funds’ securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their value changes frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
The Managers’ Comments are taken from the Interim Management Report of Fund Performance (Operating Results), June 2019.
The FDP Canadian Dividend Equity Portfolio, Series A posted a net return of 13.1% for the first six-month period of 2019, versus -6% for 2018. The FDP Canadian Dividend Equity Portfolio, Series I posted a net return of 13.7% for the first half of the year.
- The Canadian stock market, as measured by the S&P/TSX Composite Index, posted a 16.2% return over the first half of 2019.
- The index’s eleven component sectors all posted positive returns.
- Unlike in 2018, rising oil prices, which went from USD45.41 a barrel in late December 2018 to USD58.47 as at June 30, 2019, representing a 28.8% increase, enabled the Energy sector to post a 12.3% return over the six-month period.
Information Technology (44.0%), Health Care (35.2%), Utilities (22.4%) and Industrials (21.1%) all contributed significantly to the index’s performance.