This fund is designed for investors who …
- Seek steady income through investments in Canadian issuers paying superior dividends.
- Have a medium risk tolerance.
- Provide income and achieve medium- and long-term capital growth through investment diversification.
- Invest primarily in equity securities, including income trust units, of Canadian issuers that pay income or dividends.
- Invest in securities of foreign issuers that pay income or dividends and in debt instruments of Canadian and foreign issuers.
Fund Facts are published once a year. Read them now.
Start Date: February 1, 2008
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100% eligible
Benchmark: S&P/TSX Toronto Stock Exchange Index
Assets *: $242,701,891
Number of Securities: 160
Target Asset Mix:
- Canadian Equity: 100%
- Foreign Equity: 0%
- Short Term: 0%
*As at May 22, 2020
- External Managers : Lincluden Investment Management Limited, Manulife Investment Management Limited and Beutel, Goodman & Company Ltd.
The Funds’ Investment Policies are developed by the Fund Manager’s Investment Committee, which meets regularly to make any necessary changes. The Committee includes both internal and external investment experts, as well as representatives of professional association shareholders.
Main Securities as at March 31, 2020
|Cash and Cash Equivalent||12.3%|
|The Toronto-Dominion Bank||4.4%|
|Royal Bank of Canada||4,0%|
|The Bank of Nova Scotia|
|Power Corporation of Canada||2.5%|
|Rogers Communications Inc. Cl. B||2.3%|
|Hydro One Limited||2.2%|
|Sun Life Financial Inc.||1.9%|
|Thomson Reuters Corporation||1.7%|
|Brookfield Asset Management Inc. Cl. A||1.7%|
|Canadian Pacific Railway Limited||1.6%|
|Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.||1.6%|
|Roper Technologies, Inc.||1.6%|
|Intact Financial Corporation||1.6%|
|Bank of Montreal||1.6%|
|Constellation Software Inc.||1.5%|
|Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited Cl. A||1.4%|
|Waste Connections, Inc.||1.4%|
|NextEra Energy, Inc. 4.87% Preferred||1.3%|
|GFL Environmental Inc. 6.00% Preferred||1.3%|
Net asset value as at March 31, 2020
|224 M $|
* Returns for the first and last year are not annualized
* Non annualized return
$1,000 Invested Amount since inception
Note that the results shown are for information purposes only. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments ins FDP Portfolio’s. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns, including changes in portfolio value and reinvestment of all distributions, but do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by an investor that would have reduced returns. References to indices are for information purposes only. Comparisons with indices may vary according to the portfolio size, investment timing, and mandate objective. The funds’ securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their value changes frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
The Managers’ Comments are taken from the Annual Management Report of Portfolio Performance (Operating Results), as at December 31, 2019.
The FDP Canadian Dividend Equity Portfolio, Series A posted a net return of 19.1% for 2019, versus -6.1% for 2018. The FDP Canadian Dividend Equity Portfolio, Series I posted a net return of 20.5% for 2019.
- The Canadian stock market, as measured by the S&P/TSX Composite Index, posted a 22.9% return for 2019, with 10 of the 11 sectors within the index yielding positive returns.
- TUnlike in 2018, rising oil prices, which went from USD45.41 a barrel in late December 2018 to USD61.06 as at December 31, 2019, representing a 34.4% increase, enabled the Energy sector to post a 21.7% return over the year.
Information Technology (64.1%), Utilities (37.4%) and Industrials (25.5%) all contributed significantly to the index’s performance. Health Care was the only sector posting negative returns on the back of declining cannabis stocks.