This fund is designed for investors who …
- Seek capital growth over the long term in a diversified portfolio of Canadian issuers.
- Have a medium to high risk tolerance.
- Have a long-term horizon and expect some performance volatility associated with equity securities.
- Achieve long-term capital growth through investment diversification.
- Invest primarily in equity securities of mostly large capitalization Canadian issuers, but also of small or medium capitalization Canadian issuers.
- Invest in equity securities of foreign issuers and in debt instruments of Canadian and foreign issuers.
Fund Facts are published once a year. Read them now.
Category: Canadian Equity (Pure)
Start Date: December 31, 1987
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100% eligible
Benchmark: S&P/TSX Toronto Stock Exchange Index
Number of Securities: 164
Target Asset Mix
- Canadian Equity: 100%
- Foreign Equity: 0%
- Short Term: 0%
*As at May 24, 2019
- External managers: Fidelity Investments Canada ULC, Triasima Portfolio Management Inc and Manulife Investment Management Limited.
The Funds’ Investment Policies are developed by the Fund Manager’s Investment Committee, which meets regularly to make any necessary changes. The Committee includes both internal and external investment experts, as well as representatives of professional association shareholders.
Main Securities as at September 30, 2019
|Royal Bank of Canada||7,10%|
|The Toronto-Dominion Bank||6,50%|
|Brookfield Asset Management Inc.||5,10%|
|Canadian Pacific Railway Limited||4,20%|
|Cash and Cash Equivalent||3,80%|
|iShares S&P/TSX 60 Index ETF||3%|
|Sun Life Financial Inc.||2,70%|
|Suncor Energy Inc.||2,60%|
|TC Energy Corporation||2,40%|
|National Bank of Canada||2,40%|
|Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc. Cl. B||2,30%|
|iShares Core S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index ETF||2,30%|
|Constellation Software Inc.||2,20%|
|Thomson Reuters Corporation||2,20%|
|Waste Connections, Inc.||2,10%|
|Barrick Gold Corporation||2,10%|
|Shopify Inc. Cl. A||2%|
|Parkland Fuel Corporation||1,80%|
|Restaurant Brands International Inc.||1,80%|
|Quebecor Inc. Cl. B||1,80%|
|Pembina Pipeline Corporation||1,60%|
|Canadian Apartment Properties REIT||1,60%|
Net asset value as at May 24, 2019
|394 M $|
* Returns for the first and last year are not annualized
* Non annualized return
$1,000 Invested Amount since inception
Note that the results shown are for information purposes only. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments ins FDP Portfolio’s. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns, including changes in portfolio value and reinvestment of all distributions, but do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by an investor that would have reduced returns. References to indices are for information purposes only. Comparisons with indices may vary according to the portfolio size, investment timing, and mandate objective. The funds’ securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their value changes frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
The FDP Canadian Equity Portfolio, Series A posted a net return of 17.0% for the first six-month period of 2019, versus -8.4% for 2018. The FDP Canadian Equity Portfolio, Series I posted a net return of 17.6% for the first half of the year.
- The Canadian stock market, as measured by the S&P/TSX Composite Dividend Index, posted a 15.2% return during the same period.
- The index’s eleven component sectors all posted positive returns.
- Unlike in 2018, rising oil prices, which went from USD45.41 a barrel in late December 2018 to USD58.47 as at June 30, 2019, representing a 28.8% increase, enabled the Energy sector to post a 12.3% return over the six-month period.
Information Technology (44.0%), Health Care (35.2%), Utilities (22.4%) and Industrials (21.1%) all contributed significantly to the index’s performance. The benchmark index’s dividend yield was close to 3.5%.