This fund is designed for investors who …
- Seek capital preservation and steady income generation, as well as attractive long-term growth potential.
- Have a low to medium risk tolerance.
- Have a long-term investment horizon.
- Achieve a long-term global return through an appropriate stock selection and by taking advantage of interest rate and currency rate shifts on world markets.
- Invest primarily in debt instruments of foreign issuers that may be denominated in other currencies than the Canadian dollar and have different maturity dates. The issuers of securities may be established worldwide, including Canada and emerging countries.
Fund Facts are published once a year. Read them now.
Category: Fixed Income
Start Date: January 25, 2013
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100% eligible
- 70%: Merrill Lynch Global High Yield BB/B Index 2% Issuer Constrained (hedged to the Canadian dollar)
- 15%: Barclays Capital Global Aggregate Credit Index (hedged to the Canadian dollar)
- 15%: FTSE TMX Universe
Number of Securities: 698
Target Asset Mix:
- Short term: 0%
- Global and Canadian government and corporate bonds: 100%
*As at May 22, 2020
- External Managers: Amundi Canada inc., Manulife Investment Management Limited (US) et Manulife Investment Management Limited (Hong Kong)
The Funds’ Investment Policies are developed by the Fund Manager’s Investment Committee, which meets regularly to make any necessary changes. The Committee includes both internal and external investment experts, as well as representatives of professional association shareholders.
Main Securities as at September 30, 2020
|Cash and Cash Equivalent||3.2%|
|iShares iBoxx $ High Yiel Corporate Bond Fund||3.2%|
|United States Treasury Bond, 3.00%, Feb. 15, 2049||1.1%|
|United States Treasury Bond, 2.38%, May. 15, 2029||0.9%|
|United States Treasury Bond, 2.75%, Nov. 15, 2042||0.8%|
|American Midstream Partners LP / American Midstream Finance Corp., 9.50%, Dec. 15, 2021||0.6%|
|Japan Government Five Year Bond, 0.10%, Dec. 20, 2023||0.5%|
|Belden Inc., 3.38%, Jul. 15, 2027||0.5%|
|MDC Partners Inc., 6.50%, May. 01, 2024||0.5%|
|Petrobras Global Finance BV, 5.09%, Jan. 15, 2030||0.5%|
|United States Treasury Bond, 4.38%, Feb. 15, 2038||0.5%|
|Freedom Mortgage Corporation, 8.13%, Nov. 15, 2024||0.5%|
|Republic of Singapore, 2.38%, Jun. 01, 2025||0.5%|
|CCO Holdings, LLC / CCO Holdings Capital Corp., 5.13%, May. 01, 2027||0.4%|
|The Enterprise Development Authority, 12.00%, Jul. 15, 2024||0.4%|
|Spectacle Gary Holdings, LLC Term Loan B, 11.00%, Dec. 23, 2025||0.4%|
|HCA Inc., 3.50%, Sep. 01, 2030||0.4%|
|DynCorp International Inc. Term Loan B, 7.00%, Aug. 18, 2025||0.4%|
|Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc., 6.88%, Oct. 01, 2026||0.4%|
|VistaJet Malta Finance PLC / XO Management Holding Inc., 10.50%, Jun. 01, 2024||0.4%|
|NextEra Energy, Inc. Preferred||0.4%|
|Tervita Corporation, 7.63%, Dec. 01, 2021||0.4%|
|U.S. Bancorp, 0.85%, Jun. 07, 2024||0.4%|
|United States Treasury Bond, 2.00%, Nov. 15, 2026||0.4%|
|Maxim Crane Works Holdings Capital LLC, 10.13%, Aug. 01, 2024||0.4%|
|Net asset value as at September 30, 2020||207 M $|
* Returns for the first and last year are not annualized
* Non annualized return
$1,000 Invested Amount since inception
Note that the results shown are for information purposes only. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments ins FDP Portfolio’s. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns, including changes in portfolio value and reinvestment of all distributions, but do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by an investor that would have reduced returns. References to indices are for information purposes only. Comparisons with indices may vary according to the portfolio size, investment timing, and mandate objective. The funds’ securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their value changes frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
The Managers’ Comments are taken from the Management Report of Portfolio Performance (Operating Results), as at June 30, 2020.
The FDP Global Fixed Income Portfolio, Series A posted a net return of -3.7% for the first six-month period of 2020, versus 9.9% for 2019. The FDP Global Fixed Income Portfolio, Series I posted a net return of -3.1% for the first six-month period of 2020. The global high-yield bond market, as measured by the ICE BofAML Global High Yield Index, posted a -5.0% return.
- In the context of a global economy weakened by a pandemic, governments and central banks introduced unprecedented fiscal and monetary measures, which relieved markets and economies.
- Credit spreads widened in the first quarter of 2020 before narrowing in the second quarter of 2020 in response to the governments’ and central banks’ support of markets and economies.
Despite economic challenges, the decision by central banks such as the U.S. Federal Reserve and European Central Bank to support the economy through bond purchasing programs helped drive investors’ interest for riskier assets.