This fund is designed for investors who …
- Seek capital preservation and steady income generation, as well as attractive long-term growth potential.
- Have a low to medium risk tolerance.
- Have a long-term investment horizon.
- Achieve a long-term global return through an appropriate stock selection and by taking advantage of interest rate and currency rate shifts on world markets.
- Invest primarily in debt instruments of foreign issuers that may be denominated in other currencies than the Canadian dollar and have different maturity dates. The issuers of securities may be established worldwide, including Canada and emerging countries.
Fund Facts are published once a year. Read them now.
Category: Fixed Income
Start Date: January 25, 2013
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100% eligible
- 70%: Merrill Lynch Global High Yield BB/B Index 2% Issuer Constrained (hedged to the Canadian dollar)
- 15%: Barclays Capital Global Aggregate Credit Index (hedged to the Canadian dollar)
- 15%: FTSE TMX Universe
Number of Securities: 645
Target Asset Mix:
- Short term: 0%
- Global and Canadian government and corporate bonds: 100%
*As at April 30, 2018
- External Managers: Amundi Canada inc., Manulife Asset Management (US) LLC et Manulife Asset Management (Hong Kong) Limited
Read the investment approach.
The Funds’ Investment Policies are developed by the Fund Manager’s Investment Committee, which meets regularly to make any necessary changes. The Committee includes both internal and external investment experts, as well as representatives of professional association shareholders.
Main Securities as at September 30, 2018
|Cash and Equivalents||6.90%|
|Mexico City Airport Trust 5.50% Jul. 31, 2047||0.60%|
|Republic of Ireland 3.90% Mar. 20, 2023||0.60%|
|Government of Canada 1.75% Mar. 01, 2023||0.60%|
|Stoneway Capital Corporation 10.00% Mar. 01, 2027||0.60%|
|Federative Republic of Brazil 10.00% Jan. 01, 2023||0.60%|
|CWGS Group, LLC Term Loan B 0.00% Nov. 08, 2023||0.50%|
|CCO Holdings, LLC / CCO Holdings Capital Corp. 5.13% May. 01, 2027||0.50%|
|Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc. 11.00% May. 15, 2022||0.50%|
|Shelf Drilling Holdings, Ltd. 8.25% Feb. 15, 2025||0.50%|
|Scientific Games International, Inc. Term Loan B5 0.00% Aug. 14, 2024||0.50%|
|Golden Nugget Inc. 8.75% Oct. 01, 2025||0.50%|
|JBS USA LUX SA / JBS USA Finance, Inc. 6.75% Feb. 15, 2028||0.50%|
|Freedom Mortgage Corporation 8.13% Nov. 15, 2024||0.40%|
|Aleris International, Inc. Term Loan 0.00% Feb. 08, 2023||0.40%|
|Horizon Pharma, Inc. 6.63% May. 01, 2023||0.40%|
|Belden Inc. 3.38% Jul. 15, 2027||0.40%|
|Frontier Communications Corporation 8.50% Apr. 01, 2026||0.40%|
|Republic of Ireland 3.40% Mar. 18, 2024||0.40%|
|Wachovia Capital Trust III 5.57% Mar. 29, 2049||0.40%|
|Post Holdings, Inc. 5.00% Aug. 15, 2026||0.40%|
|Avation Capital SA 6.50% May. 15, 2021||0.40%|
|Republic of Singapore 3.25% Sep. 01, 2020||0.40%|
|Light Servicos de Eletricidade SA / Light Energia SA 7.25% May. 03, 2023||0.40%|
|Societe Generale SA 1.00% Dec. 31, 2099||0.40%|
Net asset value as at September 30, 2018
|232 M $|
* Returns for the first and last year are not annualized
* Non annualized return
$1,000 Invested Amount since inception
Note that the results shown are for information purposes only. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments ins FDP Portfolio’s. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns, including changes in portfolio value and reinvestment of all distributions, but do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by an investor that would have reduced returns. References to indices are for information purposes only. Comparisons with indices may vary according to the portfolio size, investment timing, and mandate objective. The funds’ securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their value changes frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
The Managers’ Comments are taken from the Management Report of Fund Performance (Operating Results), December 2018.
The FDP Global Fixed Income Portfolio, Series A posted a net return of -3.1% for 2018, versus 2.8% for 2017. The FDP Global Fixed Income Portfolio, Series I posted a net return of -1.9% for 2018.
- The global high-yield bond market, as measured by the Bloomberg Barclays Global High Yield Index, posted a -2.8% return.
- Contrary to the 2017 trend, credit spreads widened in 2018 due in part to the expected global economic slowdown and rising overnight rates.
- Canada and the U.K. followed the lead of the U.S. Federal Reserve, whose monetary tightening cycle (administered rate increase) is already well underway.
Overnight rate increases among several central banks, along with the heightened risk of a trade war, are generating widespread uncertainty on the markets. A moderate inflation rate would, however, allow many central banks to maintain their accommodating monetary policy.