This fund is designed for investors who…
- Seek capital growth over the long-term in a diversified portfolio of American issuers.
- Want to participate in the indices of the American market.
- Have capital-growth objectives in the long term and whose risk tolerance is medium.
- Achieve long-term capital growth.
- Invest in securities included in one or more American stock market indices in proportion to their weight in such indices, with a minimum of 60% of the assets tracking the performance of S&P 500 market index, or favours investments whose returns track those of these indices.
Fund Facts are published once a year. Read them now.
Category: US Equity
Start Date: July 24, 2000
RRSP Admissibility: Yes, 100% eligible
Benchmark: S&P/500 Index not hedged to the Canadian dollar
Number of Securities: 10
Target Asset Mix:
- Short Term: 0%
- American Securities (S&P 500): 100%
- Other securities in other American indexes or sub-indexes: 0%
*As at May 24, 2019
The Funds’ Investment Policies are developed by the Fund Manager’s Investment Committee, which meets regularly to make any necessary changes. The Committee includes both internal and external investment experts, as well as representatives of professional association shareholders.
Main Securities as at March 31, 2019
|SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust||54.30%|
|iShares Core S&P 500 Index ETF (CAD- Hedged)||25.00%|
|iShares S&P 500/BARRA Value Index Fund||6.50%|
|Invesco QQQ Trust Series 1||6.20%|
|Invesco S&P 500 Quality ETF||3.50%|
|iShares MSCI USA Momentum Factor ETF||2.70%|
|iShares Core S&P Small-Cap ETF||1.20%|
|Cash and Cash Equivalent||0.50%|
Net asset value as at May 24, 2019
|35 M $|
* Returns for the first and last year are not annualized
* Non annualized return
$1,000 Invested Amount since inception
Note that the results shown are for information purposes only. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with investments ins FDP Portfolio’s. Please read the prospectus before investing. The indicated rates of return are the historical annual compounded total returns, including changes in portfolio value and reinvestment of all distributions, but do not take into account sales, redemption, distribution or optional charges or income taxes payable by an investor that would have reduced returns. References to indices are for information purposes only. Comparisons with indices may vary according to the portfolio size, investment timing, and mandate objective. The funds’ securities are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. Mutual funds are not guaranteed, their value changes frequently, and past performance may not be repeated.
The Managers’ Comments are taken from the Interim Management Report of Fund Performance (Operating Results), June 2019.
The FDP US Equity Portfolio, Series A posted a net return of 12.8% for the first six-month period of 2019, versus 0.6% for 2018.
- The U.S. stock market, as measured by the S&P 500 Index, posted a net return of 13.4% in Canadian dollars over the first half
- Featuring a significant exposure to IT securities, the growth-style approach outperformed its value-style counterpart during the period, posting a 14.7% return in Canadian dollars, compared to 11.2%.
The U.S. economy is growing and has reached full employment. However, the slowdown in global economic growth and exacerbation of trade tensions between the United States and China led the U.S. Federal Reserve to implement a new approach and adopt a more accommodative monetary policy.